September 12: Woodbine Mile Weekend
GOOD for ME!
Salahudin
MAL
Social Media...........
It's taken over nine months but FINALLY my best girl Kimmy and I have made plans to reconnect in person. In October of 2022 I met her when she was in Miami for business after she'd moved to North Carolina where she lives with her husband and two little ones. When I got home that day I immediately framed our picture and put it on my shelf, replacing the image of us from the previous time we'd gotten together. Little did I know we wouldn't see each other for such an extended time. At Christmas when we exchanged holiday greeting messages I told her what I wanted for Christmas this year was to see her again....her reply (see below) "That would be awesome." A week later during our New Year's message exchange I said my New Year's resolution was to see her in person. Her immediate reply was "Come visit!" And so, ever since we've been trying to find common ground to see each other either in North Carolina or on a trip here for her. Nothing has ever worked out. Then as chance would have it our girl friend Michelle visited Kim & I in Orlando and she, again asked us to come visit her.....in North Carolina. Kim has a former student she's remained close to there and she said to me, "If we visited Michelle I could see Sandra and doesn't Kimmy live near there?" I looked up the addresses, yes....less than 20 miles away. I reached out to Kimmy and asked how the first week in November worked for her as it was the only time we had between September and January where we could go to North Carolina. And she wrote back she'd be in town until Thursday. Kim and I mapped out dates, cleared them with Michelle and I let Kimmy know our flights and within minutes she invited us to dinner. NINE MONTHS and as a personal feeling of victory, when we had first begun talking about getting together my youngest son Brad had said, "Dad...you're NEVER going to North Carolina to see her, she's way too busy." HA....in your face my son :)
My newest gal-pal, news-anchor Anna and I continued our weekend morning message exchange. She IS attractive, but she IS ALSO the first weekend morning news anchor since my still gal-pal Teri left for Washington D.C. that I think does a good job of anchoring the news with some personality. Discovered Anna is a HUGE Philadelphia Eagles fan when she posted images of her at home getting ready to cheer her favorite team on :)
Lauren














No comments:
Post a Comment