Monday, November 21, 2022

Opening Weekend at the Fair Grounds

 November 18

We returned from Antarctica - what an AMAZING adventure!  Be sure to check out our photos and journals HERE - and the racing was pretty limited this weekend.  But, in addition to playing the Opening Day card at the Fair Grounds we got to go out to Gulfstream Park to see on of MY horses run.  My two year old filly, Balletic, was making her debut and it was THE FIRST TIME I'd ever seen a horse I was a part owner in run live.  I had received an email allowing me to join a lottery to be in the paddock during the saddling, but didn't "win."  But the day of the race I got another email from the MyRacehorse coordinator "Caitlin" who invited us to an open reception in the pavilion just south of the finish line.  When we got there Caitlin and her assistant were thrilled by our MyRacehorse attire and immediately pulled out their cameras and asked if they could post our photo on the MyRacehorse web page.  Which they did:

After grabbing a bite to eat we went to the paddock then out to the rail to watch the stretch run up close and personal.  My filly, Balletic didn't seem to get what was happening until they turned for home and they she closed with a furious rush to be a just-miss 2nd in a photo finish. You can check out the stretch run on the highlight video.

Got home and had a couple of hours before first post for Opening Day at the Fair Grounds.  I won both halves of the early double when Flashy Brew edged clear in the opener and Total Malice was best in the second.


Closed out the day with a win in the featured Happy Ticket with the BET of the Day on Ova Charged who was way too good for these runners.  Finished the day 3-for-5 (with a scratch) and a profit to kick off the winter FG meet :)

November 18 Highlights



Social Media This Week.....

CBS-4 Weekend Anchor / social media gal-pal and I had exchanged several messages while in Antarctica.  When I got home I promised to send her my video links, which I knew she'd like.

I tuned in to watch my girl Lauren Pastrana host the evening news and she wasn't there.  But she was on the 11 pm newscast.  Where had she been?  The next morning the CBS-4 team did a feature on Lauren hosting a tree lighting ceremony.  So I shot a pic and sent it to Lauren who liked AND re-tweeted the post :)

Joined Karli's chat on Saturday evening and told her about going to the races to see a horse I OWNED and she replied that was "awesome."

I also shared that I was taking her suggestion to turn a couple of the best photos from our trip into Wall Art.  Karli then talked, on air, for several minutes about our travels, my photos I'd shared and that we'd talked about doing this.  And she remarked she was glad I was doing this and had had a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment