Monday, October 30, 2023

Pre-BC Weekend

 October 28-29:  Empire Showcase Weekend

It was an "interesting" weekend of racing as I didn't watch a single race live despite being home for the weekend.  On Saturday my picks from closing day at Keeneland and Belmont at the Big A went off as I was at the birthday party for our grandson Anthony and when we were at the early puck drop from the Florida Panthers vs. Seattle Kracken game.  Then on Saturday as the races went off from opening day at Churchill and for the Empire Showcase races in New York, Kim and I were watching the Miami Dolphins play on TV.  I leave Monday for a week and change visit to Ohio where I'll be during the big Breeders' Cup World Championships!  Here's how the weekend played out..... despite there being several stakes races on my sheet from both Keeneland and Belmont (at Aqueduct) I was only able to win three races, none of which were in stakes events.



On Sunday I had five picks from Churchill including two stakes events and I had EIGHT selections at Belmont where it was "Empire Showcase Day" - all in stakes events.  Didn't cash a ticket in Louisville and only three in New York.  I won't use it as an excuse BUT the track was sloppy at both places and that MAY have impacted my results.....though I did hit the board with ELEVEN of the thirteen races I bet on!





Social Media this week.....

The "most fun" I had this week online was when the Panthers game Thursday was set for a 7:45 pm faceoff.  So I messaged gal-pal Lauren Pastrana - as you can see, at 5:11 pm just after she went on the air - that with the late puck drop I could watch her on the news and go to the game.  She wrote back, while on the air less than ten minutes later that it seemed like a "perfect" plan - news, snack, game, and news.  So when we got home, a little before the 11 pm news I messaged her back that the plan had "worked" to perfection.....and she reacted to that.  Also exchanged two other messages with her this week.  :)




This week Kim and I received our luggage tags and initial information for our Disney Christmas cruise.  Our "adopted daughter" Jillian commented how jealous she was and I told her I would take her if she could fit in the suitcase....to which she replied she'd begin stretching to make that happen.  If only :)


My Slovakian gal-pal Petra and I had a long "conversation" of about 15-20 minutes on FB messenger this week.  Always fun to keep up with her.

Hottie handicapper Acacia Courtney celebrated her birthday this week and so I reached out to her....and got a heartfelt thank you minutes later :)

Sunday morning I noticed gal-pal Teri was NOT on the anchor desk for the CBS Miami news.  Then later in the day she posted she had been in the hospital.  I happened to catch that post just two minutes after she put it on FB.  I immediately wrote to her and she wrote back her appreciation moments later.



No comments:

Post a Comment