Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 8

Wednesday Night Racing - The Finale Saves Me......AGAIN

It seems like many times since I began playing the Woodbine races regularly last August, that I end up watching the replays of the races after Kim goes to bed, with just enough time to catch the finale live - and I up the wager and WIN!  Such was the case on this Wednesday evening.  I had run a dismal 6th in the opener and then ran back-to-back 2nds in the 3rd and 5th (the former at a nice 3/1 price, the latter as the 6/5 favorite).  And so with minutes to post time Warbred was being hammered down suddenly from the 2/1 price when I opened the live video stream with three minutes to post, to now 3/2 odds as they approached the gate.  I re-read my analysis and I hesitated because in this nw3L sprint I was picking a horse who was 32/2-9-8 on top, and thus the reason that initially he was a minimum play.  I checked the late double pool and he was the short priced favorite.  Top rider Eurico DaSilva and like I wrote - though he SHOULD be a play against, sometimes you have to think outside the box.  Upped the bet.  He stalked the pace, moved as they turned for home and drew clear in the final 16th.  Suddenly I lost less than $2 for the evening and it was a great story for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment